Reynoldsburg High School is a public school in Ohio that has a dress code for its students. The dress code, which was created to promote safety, respect, and acceptance in the school, outlines the clothing items that are allowed and prohibited on school grounds. This article explains the specifics regarding the Reynoldsburg High School dress code and provides examples of clothing that are acceptable and unacceptable according to the dress code.
Rules of the Dress Code
Reynoldsburg High School expects all students to adhere to the following dress code when attending school or school-related activities:
Upper clothing: Acceptable styles of shirts, blouses, and sweaters must cover the midriff and upper torso at all times. Strapless, halter, off-the-shoulder, and spaghetti strap tops are not permitted. Tank tops, tube-tops, mesh shirts, or tops with mesh or netting inserts are not allowed.
Lower clothing: All pants and shorts must be a solid color and of appropriate length. Cargo and Capri pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts must reach at least knee length. Pants designed to be worn at waist level, like jeggings and yoga pants, must be worn with a shirt that reaches at least mid-thigh length.
Footwear: Shoes must be worn on school property at all times. Flip-flops and open-toed shoes are not allowed.
Hair, Accessories, and Make-up: Hats, hoods, bandanas, and sunglasses may not be worn in the classroom or during school-related activities. Hair color must be natural and must not be distracting or off-putting. Facial piercings, jewelry, and make-up must be kept to a minimum.
Examples of Acceptable Clothing
- Tops: collared shirts and polos, button-down shirts, turtlenecks, sweaters, and long-sleeved shirts.
- Bottoms: jeans, khakis, corduroys, dress pants, and skirts or skorts worn at knee length.
- Footwear: athletic shoes and closed-toed shoes.
- Hair, Accessories, and Make-up: natural hair color, small earrings and necklaces, and light make-up.
Examples of Unacceptable Clothing
- Tops: spaghetti strap tops, crop tops, tank tops, and tube-tops.
- Bottoms: jeans and shorts designed to be worn above the waist, leggings and yoga pants worn without a covering shirt, and skirts or skorts worn above the knee.
- Footwear: flip-flops and open-toed shoes.
- Hair, Accessories, and Make-up: unnatural hair color, large earrings and necklaces, and intricate make-up.
Q. Can students wear hats and hoods on school grounds?
A. No, hats, hoods, bandanas, and sunglasses may not be worn in the classroom or during school-related activities.
Q. Are makeup, facial piercings, and jewelry allowed?
A. Makeup, facial piercings, and jewelry must be kept to a minimum.
Q. Are ripped jeans and tank tops allowed?
A. No, ripped jeans and tank tops are not allowed according to the Reynoldsburg High School dress code.