Woodland Middle School has put in place a strict dress code policy in order to maintain a safe and respectful learning environment. The dress code encourages students to express their individuality within the boundaries of appropriate fashion and encourages professional, neat and proper hygiene.
Principles of the dress code
The dress code policy at Woodland Middle School is based on the following principles:
- Modest and professional appearance
- Comfort and safety
- Respect for one another
- Student independence
Requirements of the dress code
To maintain a professional and appropriate learning environment at Woodland Middle School, students must adhere to the following dress code regulations:
- Headwear (hats, scarves, etc.) is not to be worn in the classroom
- Shirts must be buttoned
- Pants must be worn at waist level
- No clothing with offensive language or obscene images
- No strapless/tube tops, low-cut tops, tank tops, halter tops, off-the-shoulder tops
- No clothing with revealing or excessively tight fit
- Shoes must be closed-toed, with appropriate heel height
- T-shirts, polo shirts or collared shirts
- Khaki, navy, or black pants
- Shorts, skirts, or capris (at knee level)
- Closed-toed and closed heel shoes, sandals or athletic shoes
- Sweaters, fleece jackets or light coats
- Mini/short skirts/shorts
- Tank tops
- Tube tops/ strapless tops
- Halter tops
- Flip-flops or open-toed shoes
- Pajamas or sweatpants
- Clothes with hoods
- Athletic shorts
- Tight or revealing clothing
- Clothing with offensive language or obscene images
Students are expected to comply with the dress code policy at all times. Any student who violates the dress code will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action.
The following is an example of acceptable attire at Woodland Middle School:
- Shoes: Closed-toed sneakers
- Top: A collared shirt or t-shirt
- Bottom: Khaki pants
- Outerwear: A cardigan or light coat
- Accessories: A scarf or a watch
Q. What types of headwear are allowed?
A. Students are not allowed to wear hats, scarves, or any other type of headwear in the classroom. The only exception is for religious or medical purposes.
Q. Are tank tops allowed?
A. No, tank tops are not allowed in school. Students must wear shirts that are buttoned and pants that are worn at waist level.
Q. Are sandals allowed?
A. Yes, sandals are allowed as long as they are closed-toed and have an appropriate heel height.
Q. Are jeans allowed?
A. Yes, jeans in a dark color such as navy, black, or khaki are allowed.
Q. Is the dress code different for special events?
A. No, the dress code is the same for all special events.